Wednesday 3 August 2011

# 215: Echoes of my childhood

I walked with my daughter through fields where I once walked as a girl, passed a filled in pond that had once been home to frogs and sticklebacks, crossed the treeline where once was fence and style, and surveyed the open vista of grass where bike and ball and tag were order of the day for me in the days of seemingly endless blue sky summers...


This was once The Horses' Field, Tosca and the other one... can't remember its name, but remember regularly going to the fence and grabbing handfuls of lush long grass and offering it on flattened palm to the horses. I don't remember when they left, or when the fence was taken down, I guess I was busy being grown up.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Rhythm was the name of the other horse. Tosca and Rhythm; the Italian stallions. One named after an famous Italian opera, the other named after a famous Italian method of contraception. You were lucky they're long gone because they didn't like the paparazzi based on the fact that one of them bit our Dad; just walked up to him when he was out with his camera and took a roll of belly fat between his teeth and bit him. Tut, the things you remember eh?

    ReplyDelete

Jodie and Blue

Jodie has been riding since she was 7, over half her life. Just. Ownership is costly, but she's learning life skills and life lessons...