Sunday 18 December 2011

# 344: A New Star

I attended a carol concert in a church this evening because Jodie was singing there with her school choir, joining with the Derwent Singers for part of the evening. That's not unusual, but what is very unusual is that I joined in when invited to do so by the Maestro. Usually, I am in church for a wedding or funeral and I stand respectfully but do not sing, atheist that I am. I can't remember the last time I sang carols in church, it must be over twenty years! A friend came to me at the end and commented on how nice it was to hear me singing loud and clear - uh-oh...she was sat far enough away that I must have been singing with rather too much gusto! My husband said he thinks I have a lovely singing voice and perhaps I should join a choir! I am haunted by memories of my mother's unusual singing voice being a major embarrassment during school concerts, and anyway, whilst I do like to sing my heart out whilst driving sometimes (on my own) or vacuuming at home (on my own) to my favourite songs (Bohemian Rhapsody is always a good one!) I don't plan to join a choir any time soon!
The title of this post refers to the previous star - see 349/365 A Christmas Star - which I photographed in 2009 at the same church. They have upgraded to one which has a little switch in the base, an led type though it was not on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jodie and Blue

Jodie has been riding since she was 7, over half her life. Just. Ownership is costly, but she's learning life skills and life lessons...