Saturday 12 February 2011

# 43: Need some help with that?

The pressure's on, with a German exchange student coming in April, we're pulling the stops out to get lounge and dining room decorated ASAP. M cleared furniture and broke out the dust sheets this morning, so I broke out the wide angle lens ;0) We had a set back late last year with a leak under a concrete floor in my workroom, otherwise we'd be ordering carpet by now. I've bought Sanderson wallpaper and fabric, pattern for the chimney breasts in each room, a plain for the rest, matching pattern fabric for curtains, which I'm making. It was a bit expensive, so I'd better not cock it up then, eh? Like I said... the pressure's on! Eeeek!


Mark was looking for points for creative expression or musicality or some such (like Strictly?!); Jodie was painting over her drawings (made with our permission, knowing we'd be decorating soon) and also over the measurements and dates up the corner where both Oliver and Jodie have been measured over the years. (I photographed them first, naturally!) The cat looked on with bemusement, mainly he wanted to chase about under the dust-sheets.


While I was photographing the measurements I had the front door open for more light - Jodie wasn't doing a Saturday Night Fever move, not sure what she was doing, but I just caught this and I love it!

Post-processing in Lr using OnOne Perfect Presets.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Nicky - your photography is wonderful. I so enjoy seeing your posts (even if it's by accident! Don't know how I landed here!) Keep up the GREAT work. You have renewed my faith in the value of documenting our lives. Esther x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Esther, thank you for a lovely comment :0) It's an obsession, a passion, it's compulsive... I can't STOP!!! ;0) N x

    ReplyDelete

Jodie and Blue

Jodie has been riding since she was 7, over half her life. Just. Ownership is costly, but she's learning life skills and life lessons...