Sunday 27 May 2012

Old School

My daughter had asked me more than once what was it like when I was at school, so I asked her would she like to visit my old school with me? I arranged for us to go on one of her INSET days when my old school was open as usual. We were welcomed by the lovely head teacher and shown around both infants and junior schools, now a single primary. The staff from my days are all long gone, but memories came flooding back as we walked around the school. I recognised some of my former classrooms. The old part of the school is Victorian and these glazed tiles are protected against removal. 
It was surprising to me that I actually became more emotional about the visit when I edited images a few weeks later. So much has happened in my life since I played in that playground, I had no idea what was in store for me, I had no idea how much grief I would face, losing relatives to cancer, not least my father when I was only 19, but also losing a stillborn daughter when I was 36.
School days... the best days of your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jodie and Blue

Jodie has been riding since she was 7, over half her life. Just. Ownership is costly, but she's learning life skills and life lessons...