Friday 1 June 2012

Red Square, Moscow


This is one of my favourite shots from Sunday morning's Dress Rehearsal of the Victory Day parade which would take place a few days later in the presence of Putin et al. Even without the main officials in attendance security was high, with numerous checking of passports and official tickets.


 Troops had been standing in the heat for a long time before we arrived. The military band was 1,100 men, each block of troops was 400 we think, but we didn't keep count of how many of those marched by! I read later that 14,000 troops took part.


 There was a silence of several minutes at the point where Putin would make a speech. I would not have understood it, I was thrilled to be there regardless - I never expected to be in Red Square in my lifetime, but we were there, my son and I.


Intercontinental Ballistic Missile.


After the parade we stood in the middle of Red Square in awe and wonder at what we had just witnessed. It would have been worth the exhausting travelling and the stress of getting our visas for this morning alone!
There was more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jodie and Blue

Jodie has been riding since she was 7, over half her life. Just. Ownership is costly, but she's learning life skills and life lessons...