Wednesday 6 April 2011

# 96: Magnolia Remembrance



Ten years ago today I gave birth to my first daughter. 
She didn't breathe and couldn't be made to breathe. So we lost her. 
There was a magnolia tree in the front garden of the house opposite which was coming into bloom, and flowering for the next few weeks. Magnolias remind me of my first beautiful daughter, Kim Annie Violet. 
The one across the road has gone, their garden replaced by tarmac drive, so I shall be planting a magnolia stellata in our front garden soon, now that we have replaced the tarmac with garden.

Edited in Ps with white layers in the style of Irene Froy - but a poor emulation I fear. I shall practice, but I am quite pleased with the pastel delicacy achieved here with a first attempt at the technique.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry Nicky. No parent should have to bury their baby. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very beautiful image and imagery.
    Love to you all

    ReplyDelete

Jodie and Blue

Jodie has been riding since she was 7, over half her life. Just. Ownership is costly, but she's learning life skills and life lessons...