Thursday 17 February 2011

# 46: The lost day

I lost Tuesday this week to a migraine. This was my view, when my eyes were open, which wasn't that much, for most of the day.


How it affects me: I find a hot water bottle of comfort; I have to abandon what I am doing - I put away the essential fridge and freezer items from the weekly grocery shop and that was all; I feel thirsty so take a drink of cold water to bed with me; I am photo-sensitive so I dim my bedside light and close the curtains; I can't read so have the radio on quietly instead; and I hope for sleep, for as long as it takes.
These are images taken on my iphone using Hipstamatic, a photo app. When I am overtaken by a migraine I can't spend time with my 40D so I used Hipstamatic to tell the story. At the end of the day, it matters not how an image was captured and created, using iphone or a photo app isn't cheating, its as valid as any other photographic tool if it gets the job done, achieves what the photographer set out to do. Here is an interesting article on the subject, along with an exellent set of award winning images: Through my eye, not Hipstamatic's.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jodie and Blue

Jodie has been riding since she was 7, over half her life. Just. Ownership is costly, but she's learning life skills and life lessons...