Thursday 10 February 2011

# 41: Super Guru saves the day

I have a Guru whom I turn to for help and guidance on all things technical. In turn, I am a guru (up to a point) on technical things for my children - its always me that sorts out stuff that crops up on the pc or laptop when my kids are trying to get a game to play or a document to print etc. (They don't ask their Dad, cos he probably won't know what to do, he asks me to fix stuff occasionally too!) My guru and I are gurus in turn to a good friend who has called us 'Guru Dude' and 'Guru Gal', and more recently we have been dubbed 'Senior Guru' and 'Junior Guru'! 
After a technical disaster on Wednesday evening, I'm tempted to call my Guru "Super Guru" from now on after he not only stayed up late on the phone trying to help diagnose the problem on Wednesday night, but arrived on my doorstep not far past my breakfast time this morning to spend most of the day rescuing my machine. 
All my data is safe, no images lost - they live in more than one location... though I fear my lifespan may have been shortened, or perhaps I've gained a few more grey hairs for the stress.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jodie and Blue

Jodie has been riding since she was 7, over half her life. Just. Ownership is costly, but she's learning life skills and life lessons...