Thursday 6 January 2011

# 6: Ready for a consultation?

I had an appointment today with Dianne for an acupuncture session. I see her about 4 or 5 times a year and always feel better when I leave than when I arrived. I don't mind the needles at all, they rarely hurt, and I look forward to the lie down ;0)
I converted to b/w as this is always more forgiving with mixed light temperatures (daylight and tungsten here for example) but I also processed a colour version of the image twice to even up the colour balance.
I always get a warm welcome from Dianne and her husband Peter, who is an osteopath, amongst other things, click here for their website.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Did you process the colour version and THEN convert to B&W? Or were they two separate exercises?
    The idea of VOLUNTARILY letting someone stick needles in me is beyond my imagination! Something to do with how the brain responds to perceived * powers of authority *...ugh !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ash: It was two separate exercises, did a b/w first, then went back to the raw files for a colour-balanced combo. I hate injection or having blood taken, but acupuncture needles are extremely fine in comparison, and the benefits hugely outweigh the occasional ouch :0)

    ReplyDelete

Jodie and Blue

Jodie has been riding since she was 7, over half her life. Just. Ownership is costly, but she's learning life skills and life lessons...